The Online “From Scratch Course”
A total of 30 lessons (80 minutes per lesson) over three to six months.
Part 1 OneWord Communication
A. Memory Magic Skill (five lessons)
- 1) Learning the structure of Japanese using alphabetic script (Glomaji) and the theory behind our magic MAMA method.
- 2) Memorizing 38 words to do with shopping and other related information.
- 3) Memorizing 44 words to do with travel and other related information.
- 4) Memorizing 41 words to do with eating out and other related information.
- 5) Master reading numbers, the different counting systems and other related information.
B. Target Words (10 lessons)
- Memorizing visible words (items used in everyday life).
- Memorizing invisible words (numeral counters, dates and times, appearances, colors/shapes/sizes, etc.).
- Memorizing words to do with human relations (family, relatives, friends and others).
- Memorizing action words (verbs), explanatory words (adjectives) and question words.
Part 2 Sentence Communication
A. Sentence Building (three lessons)
* Making sentences, combining words you have learned.
- The casual expression “nani kore?” (What’s this?) forms the basis of all sentences.
- Applying this theory to other sentence patterns.
- Expressions that make conversation run more smoothly.
B. Situational Conversation (seven lessons)
- Survival conversation (traveling to a destination, getting on a train, and eating out).
- Everyday conversation (settling in, shopping, and traveling).
Part 3 Overall Communication
A. Script Starter (four lessons)
- Memorizing phonetic scripts (hiragana and katakana) with our unique method.
- Taking a new approach to the study of kanji (ideographic script) structures.
B. Japanese Culture (one lesson)
- History, geography, society, Japanese perspectives and customs.